United Darwish Community (UDC) is founded by local Somalis and diaspora to help rural communities in Somalia with basic needs, and provide support to strengthen families and rebuild communities.
UDC’s mission is to provide services to Somalis that live in rural areas and that don’t have access to basic services. UDC programs are designed to help rural communities to gain control of their future.
• Clean water sources for rural communities
• Health care services
• Food and shelter
• Promote healthy lifestyle
• Job training and opportunities
• Community engagement and partnership
• Education and youth development
Local Somalis and diasporas are working together to build and enhance their communities. Community ownership is very important for UDC projects.